Friday, October 26, 2007

A Valuable Discovery

So while I was not as productive as I would've hoped this week (no big surprise there) I did get enough done to make me feel okay about spending my weekend away at the CORK JAZZ FESTIVAL! Woo-hoo!

Apart from doing stupid paper stuff for classes, I managed to see Dr. Strangelove with the History Society on Monday, go to an Irish language student wine reception after Irish class on Wednesday, and generally spend my evenings in leisure. Yesterday evening I spent it in the company of a young man I have not seen in five years: Steven, from my CTYI days! I found him under his old alias on YouTube, finally, after looking for a while. We spent the evening playing music and videos and such for each other. It was super cool! Yeah!

The other thing that happened this week is something I was unsure about posting here, but I'm doing it anyway because then all 4 of the people reading this will know and I won't have to say it 4 times, and that is that on Wednesday Jon told me that he couldn't keep up the long-distance relationship. On a purely logical basis I understand, and I don't feel like going into my other reactions, but there it is, and that's that then, I suppose, at least for the time being.

Anyway, that's about it for now. I've got to go grab a book from the library for the trip and then hoof it to the bus stop to make my way to Cork!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obtuse swotter!

Kate said...

...what?